Manager Clinical Documentation Improvement (Ref#001)
Published: 2023-01-20 16:20:13Z
We are seeking a knowledgeable clinical documentation specialist manager to oversee medical recordkeeping practices. Responsible for all phases of daily operations including staffing and scheduling, personnel management, ensuring that clinical documentation complies with laws, training staff in medical recordkeeping practices, and analyzing medical information, maintaining productivity and work quality, identifying problem areas, ensuring daily work flow proceeds on schedule, and implementing departmental policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge and expertise with medical terminology and procedures to evaluate clinical documents. and ability to be organized, detail-oriented and handle multiple tasks.
- Guides and mentors staff and recognizes staff for positive results.
- Maintains up to date, departmental standards of quality, consistent with departmental policies/procedures. Updates policies/procedures manuals as necessary.
- Participates in recruitment/retention/development efforts selecting qualified employees, to retain them and help them advance.
- Evaluates employee performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions, motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Counsels employees and takes corrective action. Recommends disciplinary action when necessary.
- Manages the department in order to optimize the efficient and effective handling of patient records and related documents; performs quality audits and develops systems which meet various standards as well as hospital policies and procedures. Assists in planning budgets and specialized reports for the operations and performs periodic cost and productivity analyses.
- Participates in development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, short and long-range planning; develops and implements projects and programs to assist in accomplishing of established goals.
- Works cooperatively with Head and actively participates in management' meetings. Represents the Department as necessary at committee/meetings.
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Participates in self and others' education, training and development, as applicable.
- Participates in Self & Hospital's quality improvement plan preferred.
- Oversees collecting medical information from healthcare providers and updating medical records.
- Manages verifying the accuracy of patient medical information and obtaining missing information.
- Monitoring diagnoses, treatments, and follow-up entries in medical records.
- Interpreting and preparing clinical reports for healthcare professionals and public health officials.
- Meeting with healthcare stakeholders to explain findings and facilitate actions.
- Ensuring that the content and storage of medical documents comply with federal laws.
- Training medical and administrative staff in standard medical recordkeeping procedures.
- Keeping abreast of advancements in the field of clinical documentation and changes in regulations.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS + EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in Health Information Management required or any related discipline required.
- Four years of related experience required with a Bachelor's Degree including two years in supervisory capacity.