Child Life History Specialist (Ref#039)
Metro Atlanta, GA
Published: 2023-01-03 05:00:00Z
Do you have experience in the field of child welfare? Do you want to make a real difference in the lives of foster children? If so, apply to join the team as a Child Life Specialist. The person is responsible for completing child life history assessments, as these documents are required for a child to be adopted. The Child Life Specialist requests and collects all relevant documents, interviews relevant persons, and completes the Child Life History assessments.
The organization is the largest and fastest growing Georgia-based and Christ-centered child placing agency in the state of Georgia. The organization recruits, trains, licenses, and supports Christian foster care families. Their vision – that ALL foster children experience the hope, healing, and unconditional love of Jesus Christ.
- Writes a Child Life history (CLH) narrative that includes a detailed and comprehensive written record of the child’s life and experiences.
- Reviews the child’s DFCS file and available documents needed to complete the CLH checklist. Requests and collects supporting documents.
- Ensures accuracy of all records, reports and documentation and maintains organized files and maintains confidentiality of client’s and agency information.
- Maintains spiritual growth and a relationship with Christ through devotions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the area of behavioral or social sciences, social work, guidance counseling, psychology, childhood education, special education or adoptive families
- Minimum of three (3) years experience working child welfare, preferably in licensing foster or adoptive families
- Experience with GA+SHINES preferred
This position is expected to use computers in the performance of writing and producing Child Life histories
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- EQUIPMENT USED: Personal vehicle, personal phone, personal scanner, personal computer