Vice President - Surgical Services (Ref#012)
Published: 2021-09-21 21:49:01Z
The Vice President of Surgical Services is responsible for the growth and operational initiatives of perioperative services. This position focuses on development, implementation, and administration of patient care services within the departments. The vice president participates in strategic planning, financial forecasting, recruitment and retention initiatives, and other aspects of patient care delivery at the direction of the VP of Operations. The individual manages the financial and capital budgets to ensure services meet established quality standards and develops solutions and action plans to address any efficiency, quality and cost issues. Embrace and consistently demonstrate Mission Hospital initiatives, encompassing both patients and employees.
- Scanning the competitive environment, leading business planning process and providing strategies to drive profitable service line growth while reducing costs per case.
- Partnering closely with senior executives, sales and marketing executives and service line management to enable growth strategies.
- Developing business case, including financials, for new program development and capital projects.
- Identifying and driving new physician and volume opportunities for the hospital ensuring alignment with clinical leaders.
- Working together with marketing and physician relations executives to promote the services to physicians and consumers.
- Collaborating with physicians to develop and foster positive working relationships.
Increases Operational Efficiency by:
- Monitoring key operational and financial metrics for improvement opportunities.
- Driving process improvement within the service line to increase employee engagement and physicians satisfaction.
- Enabling finding solutions to problems that get in the way of differentiated service.
- Working with hospital administrative team and department director(s) for program development, implementation, execution monitoring and evaluation of services at the hospital.
- Ensuring physician and professional staff have the necessary equipment to perform.
- Participating in hospital annual budgeting process related to service line.
- Engaging with national, division and facility service lines leaders to obtain and share best practices in service line.
- Supporting the recruitment process to secure staffing talent.
Improves Clinical Outcomes by:
- Supporting a positive patient experience by providing optimal cost effective delivery of services by physicians and professional staff within a safe department
- Ensuring that oversight, processes and resources are in place to improve clinical outcomes
- Enabling clinical excellence by aligning goals with the clinical leaders and removing barriers for clinical practice as needed
- Communicating to clinical leaders any matters that can affect the clinical operations and deferring clinical judgments to those leaders
- Participating in rounding with patients and meeting with physicians and staff to ensure a high quality patient experience
- Collaborating with the facility surgical procedure schedulers focusing on accurate data collection and customer service to increase the surgical volume
- Current licensure in the State of North Carolina as a Registered Nurse, or current active multi state Registered Nurse license.
Education and Training
- Bachelor Science in Nursing or Bachelors degree in health related field required.
- Masters in nursing or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive management in operations, specifically perioperative service line. Strong financial analysis, human resources experience and regulatory compliance experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge operations of perioperative & hospital service lines, and the practice of nursing process.
- Success in growth strategy in service lines—formulating a long-term strategy and plan execution.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of hospital regulatory compliance, i.e. TJC standards, CMS Conditions of Participation, AORN and ASPAN standards, AAMI etc.
- Outstanding ability to communicate verbally to a wide array of people/disciplines.
- Aware of industry standard changes and developments and plans for changes as needed.
- Salary: Max approximately $200,000, up to 15% annual performance incentive.