Occupational Therapist (Ref#012)
Published: 2021-06-03 15:17:40Z
We are a 432-bed full-service hospital located in the heart of the growing South Arlington area. There are well over 1,000 full-time and part-time nurses, therapists, technicians and other healthcare personnel that make up our team. The hospital is proud to be a leader in Dallas/Fort Worth healthcare with nearly 700 highly skilled physicians who represent a wide variety of medical specialties. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You've come to the right place.
Performs direct patient care within the scope of Occupational Therapy Practice Act, with emphasis on processes and patient outcome. Performs age specific patient assessments, care planning and treatments for appropriate care setting: Acute care, Inpatient Rehab, and/or Outpatient as assigned. Creates an environment and culture that enables Therapy Services to fulfill the mission of the Hospital and meet or exceed its goals.
- Performs assessments, establishes goals, performs therapy, assess progress and modifies treatment plan and goals based on need of patients including but not limited to neurological, orthopedic, general medicine, oncology and other specific disease requiring occupational therapy intervention.
- Participates in coordination of care with department manager, physicians, department staff and ancillary services.
- Promotes and maintains a high customer service level.
- Responsible for the delegation of duties to support staff and maintains accountability of delegation.
- Responsible for the financial viability of Therapy Services, coordinating the submittal of accurate and timely billing and clinical information.
- Develops and strives for achievement of financial objectives, including the implementation of budgetary guidelines.
- Supports the Therapy Services Manager in managing the resources of Therapy Services in an ethical, viable manner.
- Authorized to access secure drug and biological storage areas when completing a medication management orientation and when necessary to perform, the assigned duties.
- Current OT Texas license