Motor Engineer II (Ref#007)
Published: 2020-09-17 18:04:00Z
Primary purpose of this position is to design, develop, document, and test electric machines. Position supports the design and troubleshooting of electric machines in production, sales, and service. Provides recommendations on how motors and/or components meet the goals/objectives of the customer. Is self-sufficient in the design of machines and requires minimal guidance.
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Design and develop AC induction, AC synchronous motors, and/or DC electric machines. Generally large, >500HP over various voltages and speeds.
- Create test plans for designed electric machines.
- Provide guidance to testing technicians to ensure required values are captured and evaluate results for acceptability.
- Collect field data at customer sites to analyze existing machines and write reports with conclusions for improvement or redesign options.
- Research historical design data, diagnose and correct deficiencies and drive consistency to motors being designed and manufactured.
- Assist in the development/design analysis phase of motor design using historical design methods and established methods to provide sound design analysis.
- Assist in creating/maintaining product design and specifications.
- Provide technical/engineering direction and support to customers, designers, and/or shop supervisors and employees during production.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Five years of related experience in the design and test of induction, AC, DC, or synchronous motors/generators. Non-degreed experience of 15 years.