Consultant Pediatric Infectious Diseases (Ref#001M)
Published: 2020-08-18 16:31:18Z
Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of medical diseases and conditions, as well as the provision of medical care in the field of Pediatric Pulmonology, in accordance with current medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and the hospital's policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provides patient care in the field of Pediatric Infectious Diseases at the highest professional standards and in accordance with standards of medical care laid down by Hospital.
- Assumes responsibility for patients under his care. Liaises with Medical & Clinical Affairs and various support service departments to provide appropriate and timely medical care, in accordance with the standards laid down by Hospital.
- Prepares and completes medical records of each patient for which he is responsible.
- Complies with all hospital standards and policies pertaining to acceptance, eligibility, admission processes, consultation, daily patient care, operating room, outpatient practices, and patient discharge.
- Admits patients, initiates investigations and ensures findings are recorded. Assesses patients' diseases or conditions to determine appropriate therapeutic modalities, procedures.
- Conducts ward rounds as per policy and reassesses inpatients under care. Documents findings in medical records.
- Ensures appropriate patient preparation for procedures/ surgery and performs procedures/ surgery as indicated in the signed clinical privilege form.
- Follows up on investigation results for inpatients and outpatients and modifies treatment accordingly.
- Attends outpatient clinics, day surgical units, day medical units, special procedures, treatment areas and shares on-call schedule as per requirements.
- Supervises junior staff on patient management, especially in the field of Pediatric Infectious Diseases.
- Collaborates/ communicates with national and international institutions to provide optimal medical care and follow-up of patients under his care.
- Performs any other clinical responsibilities, as assigned.
- Guides and actively participates in the training and teaching of Residents, Fellows, Assistant Consultants and junior staff.
- Keeps abreast with and implement as needed the latest techniques and developments, especially in field of Pediatric Infectious Diseases in order to improve patient care.
- Actively participates in the educational activities and training programs of the department.
- Participates in national and international medical conferences.
- Participates in clinical, basic and translational research projects and publishes papers in accordance with Research Advisory Council Policy in order to advance knowledge, improve the quality of post graduate education and contribute to the national and international recognition of Hospital.
- Undertakes the administrative duties assigned by Head of Section, Chairman of the department, Medical and Clinical Affairs, and Chief Executive Officer.
- Participates in all mandatory departmental activities and serves on departmental and hospital committees, as required.
- Assists the department in the development and implementation of techniques and practices that help maximize the utilization of resources within the department and across the hospital.
- Abides by the current hospital and medical staff bylaws, all relevant rules, regulations and policies and keeps updated of arising changes.
- Participates in the Ministry of Health and other government committees as required.
- Performs any other related duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS + EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from a recognized medical school.
- 7 years of training in specialty or subspecialty plus post-training experience required.
- Certified in medical specialty by an approved Specialty Board.
- American board in Specialty/Fellowship program in country of origin.