Consultant, Neurosurgery (Ref#001M)
Published: 2023-05-09 14:39:08Z
Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of medical diseases and conditions, as well as the provision of medical care in the field of Neurosurgery, in accordance with current medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and the hospital's policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide satisfactory, high quality medical care to patients in general, and more specifically to those with neurological disorders, including the provision of appropriate consultative services as requested by other inpatient and outpatient consultants, in accordance with standards of medical care laid down by the hospital
- Assumes responsibility for patients under his care. Liaises with various support service departments and medical specializations to provide appropriate and timely medical care, in accordance with the standards laid down by the hospital
- Complies with all hospital standards and policies pertaining to acceptance, eligibility, admission processes, consultation, daily patient care, operating room, outpatient practices, and patient discharge.
- Provides high patient care and management in the field of surgery on patients with nervous system diseases, including the pre and post operative periods. Ensures appropriate patient preparation for procedures/ surgery and performs procedures/ surgery as indicated in the signed clinical privilege form.
- Directs and advices junior staff on patient management, especially in the the field of Neurosurgery.
- Guides and actively participates in the training and teaching of Residents, Fellows, Assistant Consultants and junior staff.
- Keeps abreast with all the latest techniques and developments, especially in the field of Neurosurgery, following and implementing them on a selective basis to improve technical standards.
- Participates in clinical, basic and translational research projects and publishes papers in accordance with Research Advisory Council Policy in order to advance knowledge, improve the quality of post graduate education and contribute to the national and international recognition of the hospital.
- Undertakes the administrative duties assigned by Head of Section or Chairman of the department.
- Participates in all mandatory departmental activities and serves on departmental and hospital committees, as required.
- Assists the department in the development and implementation of techniques and practices that help maximize the utilization of all resources within the department and across the hospital.
- Abides by the current hospital and medical staff bylaws, all relevant rules, regulations and policies and keeps updated of any changes that might occur.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) from an recognized medical school
- Current Licensure
- 7 years of training in specialty or subspecialty plus post-training experience required
- BLS Certification