Talent Acquisition Specialist (Ref#039)
Published: 2023-03-15 20:39:09Z
Georgia’s largest Christ-centered foster care agency (a non-profit organization) located in metro Atlanta, is hiring a Talent Acquisition Specialist for a hybrid remote position.
This individual will identify, recruit, and screen potential employees for specific positions to build and maintain a pipeline of qualified and capable talent for the organization. We are seeking someone with a deep passion for Christian foster care and adoption, and who is inspired to expand our team with qualified staff. The successful candidate has a proven track of successfully recruiting talent preferably for social services, church staff, or non-profit organizations.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Talent Recruiter will be the first face of the organization and must represent the organization in a spiritual and professional manner. The individual in this role must be experienced, hands-on, versatile, results-driven, self-motivated, resourceful, and innovative. This role provides oversight, partners with management, and coordinates all HR recruitment activities, ensuring alignment with the agency’s organizational goals and objectives.
- Plans, develops, facilitates, and executes all phases of the recruitment process.
- Develops, implements and manages talent acquisition policies and processes, ensuring adherence by all team members.
- Collaborates with department managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Provides internal consulting for recruitment and placement processes.
- Conducts ongoing analysis of existing talent acquisition strategies, methods, systems, and services to make meaningful improvements.
- Defines and uses metrics to track the effectiveness of recruitment programs; enters and tracks applicant data in applicant tracking system. Makes a record of all inquiries and contacts with applicants and candidates.
- Posts jobs and manages advertisement processes through internal and external job boards.
- Assists with the interview process, including attending and conducting interviews with managers, directors, and other stakeholders, if needed.
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the selection and offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details.
- Completes the candidate hire process, including all pre-employment requirements and related new hire activities.
- Collaborates with the human resources team to complete new hire onboarding and training process.
- Attends and participates in college job fairs and recruiting sessions, as possible; build relationships with colleges with Social Work degree programs.
- Develops and maintains effective business relationships with external contacts and service providers including placement services, advertising entities, career centers, employment agencies, etc.
- Conducts oneself and job duties in accordance with the organization’s Statement of Values and Culture.
- Sources for qualified candidates, screens applicants, selects qualified candidates, schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and the organization policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, required.
- At least three years in Human Resources and experience managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process. Preferably in a faith-based, non-profit setting.
- Solid knowledge of employment law and legal hiring practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of payroll, employee relations, benefits, recruiting, talent management, HRIS, and FLSA.
- PHR Certification and/or SHRM-CP certification helpful.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
- Ability to develop and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Acts with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Relationship building and management skills. Team Player.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn HR systems, applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Strong alignment to the organization’s Statement of Values and Culture.
- Hearing and speaking ability which allows for effective oral communication of information.
- Physical and emotional stamina to effectively handle job-related issues and stress.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer and/or cell phone.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.