OBGYN Physician - Head of Department (Ref#010)
Published: 2022-08-02 14:15:37Z
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
The role shall involve 80% clinical ObGyn Physician duties and 20% Head of Department work. In addition to the ObGyn physician role, the HOD responsibilities shall include:
- Shall be a role model in reflecting our core values and communicates and expects the team members to hold to the same standard.
- Facilitate department meetings as needed. Develop and monitor a monthly schedule for the Department.
- Monitor overall department productivity and counsel those physicians, where WRVU activity has declined.
- Advocate for the capital, equipment, and personnel needed to effectively run the department including developing and updating department policies and procedures.
- Clarify performance expectations on an ongoing basis, as well as providing meaningful frequent feedback.
- Assess individual yearly performance. Implement and monitor performance improvement plans where required.
Learning & Development
- Promote and monitor professional development within the department. To offer support and advice to members of the department and encourage their professional development.
- Oversee the quality and appropriateness of health care provided and report and actively resolve any identified deficiencies in the quality of patient care.
- Develop relevant quality and performance metrics/indicators for the department and a method of tracking, trending and reporting them.
- Ensure that the department is in compliance with all regulatory and accreditation requirements by reviewing and updating as necessary departmental policies, bylaws, rules and regulations.
OBGYN PHYSICIAN RESPONSIBILITIES
The OB/Gyn physician will provide professional Obstetrical and Gynecological medical and surgical services for patients at the Hospital; He/she will supervise and coordinate obstetric/gynecologic services provided for patients at the Hospital; He/she will supervise and evaluate medical and nursing staff of OB/GYN Department, and perform medically related and administrative duties as required.
This may not include all of the duties assigned The physician will help the general practitioner and specialist in the management of inpatient and outpatients as indicated by the clinical situation during calls and in the clinic and operating room.
- The OB/GYN provides prenatal and postnatal care; obtains complete medical, family and obstetrical history and physical data on OB patients and reviews patient records. Does normal GYN care and preventative medicine
- Treats diseases and injuries of female reproductive system
- Preparing and reviewing case histories and obtaining data through interviews.
- Performs an obstetrical exam including limited ultra sound and records findings. Assesses patients and prepares a plan of care.
- Orders, evaluates and reviews appropriate laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures.
- Performs diagnostic procedures as required.
- Sees walk in patients and UCC referrals.
- Appropriate Documentation.
- Rounds in the ward on assigned shifts as applicable. Maintains and updates SBAR handover sheet.
- Appropriate documentation.
- Directs nurses in procedures for preoperative and postoperative care such as administering sedatives, prescribing diets, and preparing operative area of patients.
- Performs appropriate surgical procedures as privileged and treats patients with postoperative complications.
Labour and Delivery
- Supervises the nurses, midwives, and specialist/GP as required
- Performs normal and instrumental deliveries in maternity cases. OB emergencies, treatment of intrauterine fetal demise, incomplete spontaneous abortion, missed abortion, treatment of pregnancy complications.
- Evaluate and prepare the patient for Cesarean section and perform or assist the surgery. papers in accordance with Research Advisory Council in order to advance, knowledge, improve the quality of post graduate education and contribute to the national and international recognition of Hospital.
- You may be asked to participate in satellite clinics
- Participate in partner clinics
- Assist or consult with outside physicians working at the Hospital
- Socio-economic and cultural factors involved in obstetric/ gynecologic/medical/surgical care of the covered population.
- Obstetric, Gynecological and medical management to provide appropriate patient care.
- Principles and practices of modern obstetrics/gynecology, and community standards of care.
- Hospital organizational policies, regulations and procedures.
- Anatomy to perform complete obstetrical physical examinations and well-women gynecological care.
- Obstetrical and Gynecology pharmacology
- Common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Diagnostic Imaging and infertility.
- Surgical techniques.
- Logical problem solving and critical thinking.
- Time management & patient management.
- Taking medical history, assessing medical condition and interpreting findings.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public.
- Maintain quality control standards.
- React calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Work as a team member with all staff.
- Work effectively and patiently in a cross-cultural environment.
- Show a desire to increase the level of excellence and service delivery within the department.
- Work in different time frame in the Outpatient and Inpatient areas as required and indicated.
- Provide care to diverse population.
- Communicate clearly.
- Work under high stress conditions.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Education: Board certified or MD in Ob/Gyn as minimum
- Duration and type of experience: 3 years after MD preferred
- Language: Fluent in English. Ability to speak in Arabic, Urdu, Hindi or Pashto languages are an advantage.
- Be familiar with and comply with OSH (Occupational, Safety and Health Center) policy standards and procedures that are relevant to the workplace.