Home Study Specialist (Ref#039)
Metro Atlanta, GA
Published: 2022-07-13 21:11:28Z
Do you have experience in the field of child welfare? Do you want to make a real difference in the lives of foster children? If so, apply to join the team as a Home Study Specialist.The Home Study Specialist is responsible for completing foster and/or adoptive home studies for the purpose of recommending approval or re-approval for prospective or current foster, respite or adoptive families. This person assesses, evaluates and helps to train potential and current foster and/or adoptive families. The person in this position may recommend additional counseling or training for the family as part of the home development process.
The organization is the largest and fastest growing Georgia-based and Christ-centered child placing agency in the state of Georgia. The organization recruits, trains, licenses, and supports Christian foster care families. Their vision – that ALL foster children experience the hope, healing, and unconditional love of Jesus Christ.
- Determines suitability of prospective and current foster care / adoptive home families. This includes preparation of comprehensive psycho-social home study, interviewing of foster / adoptive parent applicants to evaluate the family’s motivation, functioning and dynamics, and collecting and interpreting collateral information.
- Provides an awareness of potentially serious problems which may arise in the foster/adoptive care homes and alerts management of such concerns, especially those which may have legal risk or safety ramifications.
- Consultation with agency staff regarding the selecting of a foster or adoptive home for a child and the transition of that child to the home.
- May also be responsible for recruiting and training or assisting in the training of foster and/or adoptive parents.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the area of behavioral or social sciences, social work, guidance counseling, psychology, childhood education, special education or adoptive families
- Minimum of three (3) years experience working child welfare, preferably in licensing foster or adoptive families
- Experience with GA+SCORE, IMPACT, and SAFE curriculum preferred, but not required
- Must successfully complete SAFE Home Study and IMPACT FCPLeader training upon hire
- Maintains spiritual growth and a relationship with Christ through devotions
- This position is expected to use computers in the performance of writing and producing foster and adoptive home studies
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- EQUIPMENT USED: Personal vehicle, personal phone, personal scanner, personal computer