Senior Java Developer (Ref#027)
Published: 2021-10-21 21:11:56Z
We are a digital outsourcing and technology partner who helps our clients in the USA, Canada, Europe, and SE Asia. We succeed by turning our clients' ideas and strategies into high-end digital products. We are an international team of passionate people who believe that doing our best work comes from within. When you join our family we care about who you are and not just what you do. Our vision is to help our employees reach their greatest potential by helping them develop both their skills and character. We take pride in creating a great company culture that builds up the team, and that together we can accomplish anything! We are also more than our work, and also give back to this city through community service programs.
The company is looking for a candidate to join our quickly growing Java/Liferay team. This role will be actively working to develop applications and solve technical problems on the Liferay platform which delivers global solutions to end users. Additionally, in partnership with Liferay Japan we will work to deliver end to-end solutions for their clients.
- Work together with our team to deliver projects for many of our clients across the world.
- Work within the Scrum framework and be involved in requirements analysis, planning, estimations, and continuous software development.
- Demonstrate technical leadership through self-assignment of tasks and using appropriate technical solutions and architecture.
- Perform design and code reviews and teach the team good coding practices and logic.
- Participates in installation, on-going maintenance and production support of software systems.
- Maintain a high standard of quality through knowledge and coding of unit and integration testing.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development
- Experience with the following technologies is highly desirable: Liferay, Java-based portal and CMS. Experienced with following is a plus: OSGI, Jenkins, AWS,
- Advance caching and indexing, LDAP/SSO/OAuth.
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture, Web Services, Design Patterns, RDBMS and other data sources.
- Experience designing data models (logical and physical models), and constructing database schemas and complex SQL queries.
- Implementing automated testing platforms is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Write high-quality, clean, maintainable code using engineering best practices (unit testing, source control, continuous integration, automation, design patterns, etc.)
- Fun and open family like work
- Excellent salary with 13th month bonus and up to an additional 2 months performance bonus
- Additional health and training allowance renewed yearly
- 5 day work week (Mon - Fri) with no overtime hours
- Extra days off: Christmas time, up to 5 days for sickness leave
- Emphasis on personal and career development (2 hours/week of English classes and weekly soft skills training during work hours)
- Free lunch everyday at the office and monthly team social events
- Opportunity to travel to other countries for training and work
- Fully English speaking environment working with clients from USA, Canada, Europe & SE Asia on portfolio piece projects for great clients
- Relocation Budget Available
- Salary: $25,000 - $40,000 USD/year