Nurse Manager PACU RN (Ref#012)
Published: 2021-05-26 19:45:02Z
Responsible and accountable for daily operations of a designated clinical area. Advocates and allocates resources to promote efficient, effective, safe, quality and compassionate nursing care based on current standards of practice. Integrates clinical, human resource, and financial data to support decision making. Promotes research and integrates evidence-based practice into clinical, operational, and leadership processes. Ensures compliance with regulatory and professional standards.
- Oversight of 24 hr staffed PACU with call staff in addition to supplement volume,45,000 procedures a year all service lines present. Most ASA I-II go to self-standing ASC so acuity is high even for ambulatory surgery
- # of Beds/Unit: 40
- Nurse to Patient Ratio: 1:2
- Type of culture/management style: servant leadership
- Culture of unit: Mostly young group of nurses - with new magnet designation wanting to grow
- Skills from other units that they feel will prepare the candidate for their unit: trauma level 1 ED, ICU PACU
- Orientation Schedule: Day 1 HR orientation, Day 2, 3, 4 Nursing Orientation
- Union Facility: YES (RN)
- # FTE’s: 60 FTE’s (largest HCA PACU), 5 NUS team – strong NUS team in place
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or BSN with MBA, MHA or related field; or by currently signed commitment letter. Those new to the role must become actively enrolled within 6 months and complete within 3 years. Any exemptions from the
master’s degree requirement must be approved by CNO Council.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing.
- Must have and maintain current licensure as registered nurse with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact) license may apply, licensee should confirm with NCBON.
- Certification: National Certification in area of specialty within one year of accepting the role. Certification may be in leadership or area of clinical practice. Those actively pursuing degree must obtain national certification within 1 year of graduation. Certificate: BLS Healthcare Provider
- Candidates who are Aspan (rather than AORN - or at least both), and CPAN certified.
- A minimum of five years of recent nursing experience; 2 years in relevant clinical hospital experience with demonstrated leadership skills
- Previous leadership experience
- Range depends on experience - $80k - $127k plus relocation assistance for qualified candidates