Director of Infection Control (Ref#012)
Published: 2021-05-13 15:33:24Z
Working at a full-service, Magnet designated 600+-bed acute care hospital with more than 2,070 employees with the resources and clinical expertise necessary to provide exceptional care. Hospital services include a level 1 trauma center, comprehensive cancer treatment, advanced surgery including robotic and minimally invasive, orthopedics, heart and vascular care, and complete women’s and children’s services including a high-risk antepartum unit and a Level 3 NICU.
- Responsible for the coordination, implementation and oversight of the organization’s infection prevention program in order to support the mission, vision and values of the hospital.
- Provides leadership and supports departments through promotion of infection prevention initiatives throughout the organization.
- Supports the nursing staff’s primary commitment to protect the health, safety and rights of the individual, family or community.
- Will develop and maintain policies and procedures that support successful quality/patient safety outcomes and ongoing improvement in the delivery of healthcare to patients, identification of areas of opportunity, and coordination and execution of regulatory compliance programs as related to Federal, State and other agencies.
- Provides ongoing surveillance of infection disease present in the hospital and takes appropriate steps to contain and prevent the acquisition and transmission of infectious agents in accordance with CDC guidelines and hospital policies.
- BSN Required
- Master’s Degree in Public Health/Nursing/related field preferred
- MUST BE A RN
- Texas or Florida state RN license or compact license is accepted
- Current Certification in Infection Control (CIC). - MUST have within 1 year of hire
- 5 years hospital experience in infection prevention and healthcare environment - MUST HAVE ACUTE CARE HOSPITAL EXPERIENCE
- MUST have leadership experience
- Should have experience with budgeting
- Knowledgeable about: a) epidemiologic principles and infectious diseases, b) sterilization, sanitation and disinfection practices. knowledgeable in adult education principles and patient care practice. understanding of microbiology and biostatistics. Accurate documentation of records and statistics.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Location: Texas and Florida
Salary: $100,000 to $120,000 per year