Consultant Critical Care (Ref#001M)
Published: 2020-12-04 22:35:04Z
Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of medical diseases and conditions, as well as the provision of medical care in the field of Critical Care, in accordance with the current medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and the Hospital's policies and procedures.
- Provides high quality patient care in all aspects of Critical Care according to his/her approved clinical privileges.
- Provides consultation (inpatient and emergency room) upon request and responds in a timely manner within the prescribed timeframe as outlined in Hospital policy.
- Responsible for the timely completion, competencies, accuracy and legibility of the medical records.
- Provides on-call service and ensures availability and response time within the prescribed timeframe in accordance with Hospital policy.
- Conducts daily morning rounds to identify patients ready for transfer/discharge. Ensures that transfer/discharge orders are written 24 hours prior to discharge/ transfer.
- Performs any other clinical responsibilities related to the speciality, as assigned.
- Provides orientation, bedside training and supervision to junior staff as assigned
- Participates in department's educational activities and training programs of the department. Partakes in national and international medical conferences.
- Maintains and enhances professional knowledge and continuing education requirements.
- Participates in clinical, basic and translational research projects in accordance with Research Advisory Council Policy in order to advance knowledge, improve the quality of postgraduate education and contribute to the national and international recognition of Hospital.
- Undertakes the administrative duties assigned by Head of Section or Chairman.
- Participates in all mandatory departmental activities and serves on Departmental and Hospital committees and other administrative functions, as required.
- Assists the department in the development and implementation of techniques and practices that help maximize the utilization of all resources within the department and across Hospital.
- Abides by the current Hospital and medical staff bylaws, all relevant rules, regulations and policies and keeps updated of any changes that might occur.
- Follows all Hospital-related policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Participates in self-and others' education, training and development as applicable.
- Graduation from an accredited medical school, completion of required period of training in specialty and/or subspecialty, with board certification by an approved Specialty Board, membership and/or fellowship status in the United Kingdom and/or Canada or their equivalent.
- Seven (7) Years of training in specialty or subspecialty plus postgraduate Experience Required training experience must be equal to or exceed seven (7) years' experience in the subspecialty.