Consultant Neonatology (Ref#001M)
Published: 2020-09-11 19:24:13Z
Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of medical diseases and conditions, as well as the provision of medical care in the field of Neonatology, in accordance with current medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and the hospital's policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provides required patient care and management in the field of Neonatology in accordance with standards of medical care laid down by Hospital.
- Provides patient care management (diagnosis, treatment and prevention) on issues related to the fetus prenatally and issues related to new-borns till the time of their discharge. Provides outpatient follow-up as required.
- Assumes responsibility for patients under his care. Liaises with various support service departments and medical specializations to provide appropriate and timely medical care, in accordance with the standards laid down by Hospital.
- Complies with all hospital standards and policies pertaining to acceptance, eligibility, admission processes, consultation, daily patient care, operating room, outpatient practices, and patient discharge.
- Admits patients, initiates investigations and ensures findings are recorded. Assesses patients' diseases or conditions to determine appropriate therapeutic modalities/ procedures.
- Conducts ward rounds as per policy and reassesses inpatients under care. Documents findings in medical records.
- Ensures appropriate patient preparation for procedures/ surgery and performs procedures/ surgery as indicated in the signed clinical privilege form.
- Follows up on investigation results for inpatients and outpatients and modifies treatment accordingly.
- Attends speciality clinics, outpatient clinics, day surgical units, day medical units, special procedures, treatment areas and shares on-call schedule as per requirements.
- Performs any other clinical responsibilities, as assigned.
- Directs and advises junior staff on patient management, especially in the field of Neonatology.
- Guides and actively participates in the training and teaching of Residents, Fellows, Assistant Consultants and junior staff.
- Keeps abreast with all the latest techniques and developments, especially in field of Neonatology, following and implementing them on a selective basis to improve technical standards.
- Actively participates in the educational activities and training programs of the department.
- Participates in national and international medical conferences.
- Participates in clinical, basic and translational research projects and publishes papers in accordance with Research Advisory Council Policy in order to advance knowledge, improve the quality of post graduate education and contribute to the national and international recognition of the hospital.
- Undertakes the administrative duties assigned by Head of Section or Chairman of the department.
- Participates in all mandatory departmental activities and serves on departmental and hospital committees, as required.
- Assists the department in the development and implementation of techniques and practices that help maximize the utilization of all resources within the department and across the hospital.
- Abides by the current hospital and medical staff bylaws, all relevant rules, regulations and policies and keeps updated of any changes that might occur.
- Performs any other related duties, as assigned.
- Must have graduated from a recognized medical school.
- Certified in medical specialty by an approved Specialty Board.
- American board in Specialty/Fellowship program in your country of origin.
- 7 years of training in specialty or subspecialty plus post-training experience required.