Consultant Women's Imaging (Ref#011)
Published: 2020-08-26 21:03:58Z
Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of medical diseases and conditions, as well as the provision of medical care in the field of Women's Imaging, in accordance with current medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and the hospital's policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provides high quality diagnosis and treatment to patients using radiological techniques in the field of women’s imaging at the administrative direction of the Chairman of Radiology, Diagnosis and treatment include conducting radiological procedures like CT, MRI, Ultrasound and angiography, X-Rays, Mammography and Nuclear Medicine procedures.
- Oversees and conducts all Radiological tests and procedures conducted by technologists/assistant physicians within the department for all other departments across the Medical and Clinical Affairs division / patients.
- Generates timely and highly accurate reports for all radiological tests / procedures conducted within the department.
- Communicates with clinicians and participates in their rounds and conferences.
- Assists the patient's primary physician to select the appropriate diagnostic procedure and assists physicians/surgeons before or during surgical procedures.
- Ensures high levels of patient safety against all kinds of adverse effects from X - Rays, MRI, or Nuclear Medicine procedures.
- Ensures all department staff protect themselves against effects of X Rays, MRI, or Nuclear medicine procedures as per the employee safety policies of the hospital.
- Directs and advises junior staff on patient management, especially in the field of Radiology.
- Guides and actively participates in the training and teaching of Residents, Fellows, Assistant Consultants and junior staff.
- Keeps abreast with all the latest techniques and developments, especially in the field of Women’s Radiology, following and implementing them on a selective basis to improve technical standards.
- Actively participates in the educational activities and training programs of the department
- Participates in national and international medical conferences.
- Participates in clinical, basic and translational research projects and publishes papers in accordance with Research Advisory Council Policy in order to advance knowledge, improve the quality of post graduate education and contribute to the national and international recognition of the company.
- Undertakes the administrative duties assigned by Head of Section or Chairman of the department.
- Participates in all mandatory departmental activities and serves on departmental and hospital committees, as required.
- Assists the department in the development and implementation of techniques and practices that help maximize the utilization of all resources within the department and across the hospital.
- Abides by the current hospital and medical staff bylaws, all relevant rules, regulations and policies and keeps updated of any changes that might occur.
- Performs any other related duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS + EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from a recognized medical school
- Seven (7) years of training in specialty or subspecialty plus postgraduate training experience must be equal to or exceed seven (7) years’ experience in the subspecialty.
- Certified in medical specialty by an approved Specialty Board.
- American board in Specialty/Fellowship program in country of origin.