Consultant Pediatric Nephrology (Ref#001M)
Published: 2020-08-18 16:46:59Z
Assists in providing medical care in the field of Pediatric Nephrology and supervises interns and residents, in accordance with current medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and the hospital's policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assists the Consultants in providing required patient care and management in the field of Pediatric Nephrology, in accordance with standards of medical care laid down by Hospital.
- Studies and performs assessment, examination and the compilation of a case history and assists in the diagnosis and management of the patient in accordance with criteria listed in diagnostic manuals such as the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual.
- Registers detailed medical history, conducts a thorough physical examination and creates a plan for patient management and follows-up for discussion with the Consultant. Subsequently, records the consultant's orders, progress notes and other required documents for outpatients.
- Provides on-call coverage for their specialty on a rotational basis during evenings, nights, weekends and public holidays.
- Prepares for and participates in consultant and specialist ward rounds as per policy. Documents findings in medical records.
- Follows up on investigation results for outpatients and modifies treatment accordingly.
- Attends specialty clinics, outpatient clinics, and shares on on-call schedule as per requirements.
- Performs any other clinical responsibilities, as assigned.
- Provides orientation, bedside training and supervision of interns, residents and fellows as assigned.
- Keeps abreast of all the latest techniques and developments, especially in area of specialization.
- Implements them on a selective basis to improve technical standards.
- Participates in the educational activities and training programs of the Department.
- Participates in national and international medical conferences.
- Participates in clinical, basic and translational research projects and publishes papers in accordance with Research Advisory Council Policy in order to advance knowledge, improve the quality of post graduate education and contribute to the national and international recognition of hospital.
- Undertakes the administrative duties assigned by Head of Section or Chairman of the department.
- Participates in all mandatory departmental activities and serves on departmental and hospital committees, as required.
- Assists the department in the development and implementation of techniques and practices that help maximize the utilization of all resources within the department and across the hospital.
- Abides by the current hospital and medical staff bylaws, all relevant rules, regulations and policies and keeps updated of any changes that might occur.
- Participates in self-and others' education, training and development as applicable.
- Follows all Hospital-related policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS + EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from a recognized medical school
- Two (2) years of training in specialty or subspecialty plus post-training experience required.
- Certified in medical specialty by an approved Specialty Board.
- American board in Specialty/Fellowship program in your country of origin.